One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A chitinous exoskeleton is not rigid enough to support a mass of that size.’
- ‘They are the earliest well-known complex three-dimensional trace fossils; mostly small, chitinous, calcareous, and phosphatic elements of problematic affinity.’
- ‘But this time… ‘Dancer held up her elongated forearms, staring at her pale, chitinous claws.’’
- ‘Eurypterid cuticle was chitinous and of varying thickness, but generally very thin, and preserved specimens (which were probably mostly molted skins) are usually crushed.’
- ‘In addition, examination of the chitinous cuticle that covers the surface of the infundibulum reveals a remarkable array of tiny pegs or ‘denticles’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.