One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of integrative medicine based on the diagnosis and manipulative treatment of misalignments of the joints, especially those of the spinal column, which are held to cause other disorders by affecting the nerves, muscles, and organs.
- ‘Finding appropriate placebos or shams for treatments such as acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, or complex herbal mixtures is challenging.’
- ‘The fact is that the vast majority of those who use alternative medicine are having fairly mainstream therapies like massage and chiropractic.’
- ‘The most serious potential risks of chiropractic and osteopathy are spinal cord injury or stroke after manipulation of the neck.’
- ‘We prefer the view taken by Dr. Brown to that of Dr. Stick - that the assertion that chiropractic strengthens the immune system is not a fact, but a contention.’
- ‘The options include physiotherapy, massage, yoga, chiropractic, acupuncture and work on improving posture.’
- ‘Not happy to take anything lying down, I began extensive therapy, going alternatively for acupuncture and chiropractic treatments.’
- ‘Physical modalities, including yoga, massage, biofeedback, acupuncture, and chiropractic can also be of help.’
- ‘I've been careful to take care of my body with massages and chiropractic sessions and treatment and all types of things.’
- ‘Holistic healing modalities include acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy, and if indicated, conventional medications and surgery.’
- ‘The first ones he wrote were for massage therapy and chiropractic.’
- ‘Other useful complementary treatments include acupuncture, chiropractic, yoga and hypnosis.’
- ‘Acupuncture or chiropractic treatments may help your headaches.’
- ‘Many of their clients, like Ewald himself, had tried other traditional avenues of medical and chiropractic treatment - without success.’
- ‘Other forms of complementary therapy include acupuncture and chiropractic care.’
- ‘These include physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage and Pilates.’
- ‘It was the beginning of a new phase in chiropractic and complementary healthcare!’
- ‘Marma therapy predates similar practices like acupuncture, acupressure, reiki and chiropractic.’
- ‘Other health care-related professions incorporate massage, including nursing, physical therapy, chiropractic, and osteopathy.’
- ‘It was the legislative frameworks for the complementary therapists in osteopathy and chiropractic which initiated the new approach.’
- ‘The holistic approach includes procedures such as acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy, and herbalogy.’
Late 19th century: from chiro- ‘hand’ + Greek praktikos ‘practical’, from prattein ‘do’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.