One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Handwriting, especially as distinct from typography.
handwriting, hand, script, penmanship, pen, print, printing, longhand, calligraphyView synonyms
- ‘It does, indeed contribute to render spoken discourse more effective, but so does elegant chirography or clear typography improve the effectiveness of written thought.’
- ‘I will briefly touch upon that in this paper to establish a theoretical basis for the generated electronic chirography project.’
- ‘In spite of the clear chirography, some labor to read such a letter was required, for the crossed characters were confusing to the human eye, which can read in only one direction at a time.’
- ‘As can be seen, even the adequate classification of chirography in relation to other picture signs, or other tracings on surfaces, remains a task for the future.’
- ‘There can be no doubt that his chirography has been modified, like that of Paulding, by strong adventitious circumstances - for it appears to retain but few of his literary peculiarities.’
- ‘The picturesque, to be sure, is equally deficient in his chirography and in his poetical productions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.