One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collection of integrated circuits that form the set needed to make an electronic device such as a computer motherboard or portable telephone.
- ‘This involved the more lucrative - in the short term, at least - option of manufacturing chipsets.’
- ‘Both chipsets are actually single chip designs that lower latency and reduce system cost.’
- ‘The current generation of chipsets and motherboards are tapped out as far as memory bandwidth goes.’
- ‘This should make for better performance than competing chipsets which put each pair of installed modules on the same bus.’
- ‘These let the device work with baseband chipsets without demanding special hardware signal processing algorithms.’
- ‘Dell is concerned that an instability within the chipset can cause the system to crash under heavy graphics load.’
- ‘Unit pricing for complete chipsets will begin at $30 in sample quantities.’
- ‘The builders are wondering whether any systems incorporating the chipset will fall between two price points.’
- ‘New chipsets will also enable the cost for separates to fall.’
- ‘Both chipsets feature integrated video as well as stand-alone AGP slots.’
- ‘The CD player chipsets support three-beam pick-up head models from eight leading manufacturers.’
- ‘Overall, we'll check out how well these chipsets would perform in a home computer.’
- ‘Save for a couple of annoying cases, the integrated chipsets rendered the scene well enough.’
- ‘Modern motherboard chipsets will boot from a CD-ROM more easily than a floppy diskette.’
- ‘The chipset and motherboard are designed by Bechtolsheim's skunkworks team.’
- ‘It took years before new games used features offered by the latest graphic chipsets.’
- ‘All these facts mean that we will see more new chipsets with integrated graphics in the near future.’
- ‘The advanced properties will open and you should see a tab at the top listing the chipset of your video card.’
- ‘It's unlikely that the CPU or the motherboard chipset will be the bottleneck in either case.’
- ‘Anderson bet me that in five years time, there will be more 802.11 chipsets then there will be mobile phone chipsets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.