Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A collection of integrated circuits that form the set needed to make an electronic device such as a computer motherboard or portable telephone.
- ‘The CD player chipsets support three-beam pick-up head models from eight leading manufacturers.’
- ‘The chipset and motherboard are designed by Bechtolsheim's skunkworks team.’
- ‘The builders are wondering whether any systems incorporating the chipset will fall between two price points.’
- ‘All these facts mean that we will see more new chipsets with integrated graphics in the near future.’
- ‘The current generation of chipsets and motherboards are tapped out as far as memory bandwidth goes.’
- ‘Overall, we'll check out how well these chipsets would perform in a home computer.’
- ‘It's unlikely that the CPU or the motherboard chipset will be the bottleneck in either case.’
- ‘Unit pricing for complete chipsets will begin at $30 in sample quantities.’
- ‘Save for a couple of annoying cases, the integrated chipsets rendered the scene well enough.’
- ‘These let the device work with baseband chipsets without demanding special hardware signal processing algorithms.’
- ‘This involved the more lucrative - in the short term, at least - option of manufacturing chipsets.’
- ‘It took years before new games used features offered by the latest graphic chipsets.’
- ‘This should make for better performance than competing chipsets which put each pair of installed modules on the same bus.’
- ‘Anderson bet me that in five years time, there will be more 802.11 chipsets then there will be mobile phone chipsets.’
- ‘Both chipsets are actually single chip designs that lower latency and reduce system cost.’
- ‘Both chipsets feature integrated video as well as stand-alone AGP slots.’
- ‘Dell is concerned that an instability within the chipset can cause the system to crash under heavy graphics load.’
- ‘New chipsets will also enable the cost for separates to fall.’
- ‘Modern motherboard chipsets will boot from a CD-ROM more easily than a floppy diskette.’
- ‘The advanced properties will open and you should see a tab at the top listing the chipset of your video card.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.