One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company that manufactures microchips.
- ‘Memory chipmakers are investing in production lines that use bigger discs of silicon, or wafers, and narrow the distance between circuit lines to get more chips per disc and more memory per chip.’
- ‘Chang said he expects high growth in the next five to 10 years among Chinese chipmakers that outsource their production.’
- ‘The chipmaker said it expected market conditions to pick up at the end of the calendar year as its wireless handset customers and distributors met their year-end inventory targets.’
- ‘The company is truly high-tech, making complex laser machines that cut silicon and wafers for chipmakers and photonics companies.’
- ‘Bloomberg reports that every time chipmakers have cut production it has resulted in sharp price rises for memory chips.’
- ‘Indeed, their share of Klamath River water pales when compared to the amount taken by California agribusiness and the chipmakers of Silicon Valley.’
- ‘For now Chinese manufacturers rely on imports of integrated circuits since local chipmakers cannot provide sufficiently sophisticated products.’
- ‘They looked around the market and realised other chipmakers actually left out extra features so that they could make chips more efficiently.’
- ‘The market is dominated by Japanese companies because they develop the products with Japanese chipmakers, which have core technology for digital camera components.’
- ‘Moreover, in a world of polymer electronics, virtually any company could become a chipmaker.’
- ‘Simulations and experiments conducted by chipmakers show that this approach can increase the effective DOF by as much as a factor of three.’
- ‘There were vague stories last week about TiVo and chipmakers coming to agreements regarding TiVo ToGo, and it seems that's now bearing fruit.’
- ‘As such, it will be a good market for volume chipmakers for a few more years but will not have an obvious future survival path.’
- ‘The chipmaker asked creditors for up to 1 trillion won of new loans for money it needs to spend on new equipment and sustain money-losing operations, Park said.’
- ‘Brightfield inspection is used by chipmakers to find the most critical defects during wafer manufacturing.’
- ‘A spokesman for AMD in Germany told the news agency that the chipmaker was holding talks about a new plant, but declined to give details.’
- ‘Shares ended higher yesterday after gains in the US market overnight, led by two of the world's largest contract chipmakers, analysts said.’
- ‘Despite such hazards, local chipmakers are moving forward with investment projects across the Strait.’
- ‘Taiwan's chipmakers can expect healthier bottom lines for the rest of the year as demand begins to outstrip supply, analysts said yesterday.’
- ‘The Taiwan companies were among the world's first chipmakers to start production from plants that make silicon wafers measuring 300 mm in diameter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.