Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for particleboard
- ‘And as engineered wood products like chipboard accelerate clearcutting, plantation conversion and native forest loss, many of the species depending on these habitats are going too.’
- ‘The six artists will construct the full-scale model from reclaimed wood and chipboard for a show at Glasgow's 1000 square metre Tramway gallery next April.’
- ‘We also came back with a car-load of various size chipboard planks, a few wood crates (later to contain my Christmas presents to the relatives!), metal shelving and assorted wood offcuts.’
- ‘She doesn't believe much in the milk of human kindness: if you rip away the wood veneer of civilisation it's just chipboard underneath.’
- ‘Forms constructed using metal, wood, fabric or chipboard are bakeable.’
- ‘The booths, chipboard and cheap wood, looked identical to every set of polling booths I've ever used.’
- ‘To establish acceptability limits for concrete paths, riders rated the discomfort of riding over chipboard sheets of different thicknesses.’
- ‘Environmentally-friendly ones include cardboard, chipboard, papier-mâché and wicker coffins.’
- ‘They have terrible chipboard furniture, vile nylon carpets and the walls are woodchipped to hell and back.’
- ‘People should also try to reuse incoming boxes for outgoing deliveries, recycle packaging materials such as cardboard, chipboard, bags, plastics etc., along with recycling food and beverage containers.’
- ‘They boasted that the units cost less than chipboard and that the wood came only from ‘green’ forest plantations.’
- ‘Timber would be shredded to produce wood chips for the production of mulch, chipboard or compost.’
- ‘Virtual projects are no less architecture than a building that was designed on paper or built of chipboard but never executed in stone and glass.’
- ‘You can use those pretentious bits of chipboard painted in five colours as barbecue fuel.’
- ‘Every year the Commission's North York Moors Forest District produces 100,000 tonnes of timber, mostly going towards chipboard, pallets and construction materials.’
- ‘‘Aye, aye, Cap'n,’ I salute, as Nutter, Andy and Clem start to shift the new counters - all MDF, chipboard and mahogany-style veneer.’
- ‘In the end, we produce a raw material for secondary use in paper and chipboard,’ said Bailey.’
- ‘He removed some chipboard, some wood, and produced a ball of twine, and then asked me to help him carry it.’
- ‘But actually, on closer inspection, there's an awful lot of laminated chipboard and boring old MDF disguised with cherry veneer.’
- ‘You can lay your shirts flat without a platen or palette inside, or you can make a cardboard or chipboard platen to stick inside.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.