One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, hardy horse found running wild on the islands of Chincoteague and Assateague off the Virginia and Maryland coasts.
- ‘But for those of us who don't have access to a stable, a new scheme has been started where you can buy a Chincoteague pony lifelong freedom, never to be auctioned again, and give them a name.’
- ‘In that case, an injured passenger brought action against the owner of a Chincoteague pony after the car in which she was riding collided with the pony when it was loose on a public highway.’
- ‘A lot of the Chincoteague ponies are spotted.’
- ‘Many people buy Chincoteague ponies for their children because they are known as friendly and intelligent creatures.’
- ‘And we'll have a spectacular sight for you and the longstanding tradition of the Chincoteague ponies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.