One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being a genetic chimera.
- ‘Peripheral blood stem cell or bone marrow transplantation often leads to chimerism, wherein the patient possesses a mixed cell population.’
- ‘Consistent with our observations, Suratt and colleagues have reported chimerism in lungs using human lung samples after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.’
- ‘Clone chimerism is a problem associated with all mapping protocols.’
- ‘Parabiotic mice have been reported to produce stable blood chimerism across major histocompatibility barriers.’
- ‘Our failure to detect maize chromatin by in situ hybridization may be an indication of somatic instability and chimerism in these individuals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.