The state of being a genetic chimera.
- ‘Peripheral blood stem cell or bone marrow transplantation often leads to chimerism, wherein the patient possesses a mixed cell population.’
- ‘Parabiotic mice have been reported to produce stable blood chimerism across major histocompatibility barriers.’
- ‘Our failure to detect maize chromatin by in situ hybridization may be an indication of somatic instability and chimerism in these individuals.’
- ‘Clone chimerism is a problem associated with all mapping protocols.’
- ‘Consistent with our observations, Suratt and colleagues have reported chimerism in lungs using human lung samples after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.