One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an unsettling or horrifying way.‘her troubled childhood was brilliantly and chillingly evoked in her memoir’as submodifier ‘a chillingly cold-blooded plan’
- ‘The mental mind games these three play chillingly reveal truth to be a function of power.’
- ‘The racial embodiment of this economic system produces a landscape chillingly similar to the one described by Koloane.’
- ‘It's a chillingly honest picture of a man confronting his mortality, with turquoise eyes peering out of a ghostly white mask.’
- ‘His original comments have been chillingly confirmed by the recent revelations in the letter written by one of the hijackers.’
- ‘The attack came just days after a chillingly similar incident.’
- ‘Even the ones who listened to punk found it chillingly well-produced.’
- ‘This "scientific" approach to artistic work yields chillingly antiseptic results.’
- ‘These allegations now seem chillingly credible in the light of the photographss.’
- ‘It responded to a chillingly focused set of official strategies.’
- ‘Miss Scarlet, a blonde-haired femme fatale, looks chillingly capable of wielding a dagger, in the dining room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.