One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an unsettling or horrifying way.‘her troubled childhood was brilliantly and chillingly evoked in her memoir’as submodifier ‘a chillingly cold-blooded plan’
- ‘This "scientific" approach to artistic work yields chillingly antiseptic results.’
- ‘The mental mind games these three play chillingly reveal truth to be a function of power.’
- ‘It's a chillingly honest picture of a man confronting his mortality, with turquoise eyes peering out of a ghostly white mask.’
- ‘It responded to a chillingly focused set of official strategies.’
- ‘The racial embodiment of this economic system produces a landscape chillingly similar to the one described by Koloane.’
- ‘Even the ones who listened to punk found it chillingly well-produced.’
- ‘The attack came just days after a chillingly similar incident.’
- ‘These allegations now seem chillingly credible in the light of the photographss.’
- ‘Miss Scarlet, a blonde-haired femme fatale, looks chillingly capable of wielding a dagger, in the dining room.’
- ‘His original comments have been chillingly confirmed by the recent revelations in the letter written by one of the hijackers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.