One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Calm down and relax.‘you can dance to your favorite tune, chillax, or have friends over’
- ‘I'm ready to chillax my whole 4 day weekend.’
- ‘And, as such, I get to chillax with all the new students who've arrived early for residence orientation.’
- ‘It forms part of a nascent movement seeking to articulate the controversial message that not all kids are scum and, furthermore, we as paranoid adults should just chillax a little.’
- ‘Dance to your favourite tune, chillax, have friends over.’
- ‘Finally we got back and had a chance to chillax.’
- ‘Just be quiet, or chillax, or whatever dated slang you prefer.’
- ‘Alright dude, chillax.’
- ‘God, people need to chillax.’
- ‘But just chillax, you don't have to define yourself by your commercial value, just recognise it exists.’
Early 21st century: blend of chill (sense 3 of the verb) and relax.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.