One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hamburger with a topping of chili con carne.
- ‘Students packed the Dining Commons, waiting in line for hot dogs, chilidogs, hamburgers, chiliburgers, garden burgers and fries.’
- ‘It also, if left out in a little dish overnight, will absorb all the odor of that super-duper chiliburger with double sauerkraut somebody left on the counter all day.’
- ‘Actually, Perry mentions Tommy's, then stipulates that he views chiliburgers as a separate category outside the focus of this story.’
- ‘The next stop was Jay's Jayburger, a tiny, sleek, chrome stand famous for their chiliburgers.’
- ‘The menu, too, picks up the motif, featuring the likes of chiliburgers, cheese fries, and onion rings.’
- ‘Famous for its Indian frye bread, the restaurant has everything from chiliburgers to taco salads.’
- ‘We ordered hamburgers, a chiliburger, a BLT, and fries with self-serve fountain drinks.’
- ‘The Lee brothers also invented the first chiliburger to ever hit Trinidad.’
- ‘This is the kind of chili used to top chilidogs and chiliburgers all over the country.’
- ‘Billy B's Burgers is located on Jefferson Road just north of Winchester Road and is known for its chiliburgers.’
- ‘They spent their allowances on greasy chiliburgers and French-fries served in plastic baskets, and they sat on one of the faded outdoor tables.’
- ‘Afterward we went over to Tommy's for some amazing chiliburgers and ended up back over at Boomer's so the guys could drive the golf carts.’
- ‘All you need to know here is that the burgers, the open-faced chiliburger and the onion rings are among the city's very finest.’
- ‘Willie's is well known for burgers, chiliburgers, and tamales.’
- ‘Juan and his family serve up a generous dose of humor along with some of the best red chiliburgers and tacos, not to mention great shakes and soft ice cream.’
- ‘Those who grew up or lived in Los Angeles and have a penchant for sloppy chiliburgers know Original Tommy's, a 60-year-old standup-shack of a place at the corner of Beverly and Rampart boulevards.’
- ‘But we do appreciate our many fans in the S. F. Bay area and we look forward to bringing our famous chiliburgers to you sometime in the future.’
- ‘After 25 minutes Waitress 3 delivered the chiliburger by itself and with mustard.’
- ‘The same deliciously thick slice of tomato on every burger… They have set the standard for the chiliburger in L.A. and they have held that crown, while expanding.’
- ‘She's on the verge of throwing them out when Hunter comes over and leads them out of the restaurant, chiliburgers in hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.