Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hamburger with a topping of chili con carne.
- ‘After 25 minutes Waitress 3 delivered the chiliburger by itself and with mustard.’
- ‘Juan and his family serve up a generous dose of humor along with some of the best red chiliburgers and tacos, not to mention great shakes and soft ice cream.’
- ‘This is the kind of chili used to top chilidogs and chiliburgers all over the country.’
- ‘But we do appreciate our many fans in the S. F. Bay area and we look forward to bringing our famous chiliburgers to you sometime in the future.’
- ‘She's on the verge of throwing them out when Hunter comes over and leads them out of the restaurant, chiliburgers in hand.’
- ‘They spent their allowances on greasy chiliburgers and French-fries served in plastic baskets, and they sat on one of the faded outdoor tables.’
- ‘We ordered hamburgers, a chiliburger, a BLT, and fries with self-serve fountain drinks.’
- ‘Willie's is well known for burgers, chiliburgers, and tamales.’
- ‘It also, if left out in a little dish overnight, will absorb all the odor of that super-duper chiliburger with double sauerkraut somebody left on the counter all day.’
- ‘All you need to know here is that the burgers, the open-faced chiliburger and the onion rings are among the city's very finest.’
- ‘Afterward we went over to Tommy's for some amazing chiliburgers and ended up back over at Boomer's so the guys could drive the golf carts.’
- ‘The menu, too, picks up the motif, featuring the likes of chiliburgers, cheese fries, and onion rings.’
- ‘The same deliciously thick slice of tomato on every burger… They have set the standard for the chiliburger in L.A. and they have held that crown, while expanding.’
- ‘Those who grew up or lived in Los Angeles and have a penchant for sloppy chiliburgers know Original Tommy's, a 60-year-old standup-shack of a place at the corner of Beverly and Rampart boulevards.’
- ‘Billy B's Burgers is located on Jefferson Road just north of Winchester Road and is known for its chiliburgers.’
- ‘The next stop was Jay's Jayburger, a tiny, sleek, chrome stand famous for their chiliburgers.’
- ‘The Lee brothers also invented the first chiliburger to ever hit Trinidad.’
- ‘Students packed the Dining Commons, waiting in line for hot dogs, chilidogs, hamburgers, chiliburgers, garden burgers and fries.’
- ‘Actually, Perry mentions Tommy's, then stipulates that he views chiliburgers as a separate category outside the focus of this story.’
- ‘Famous for its Indian frye bread, the restaurant has everything from chiliburgers to taco salads.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.