One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hot sauce made with tomatoes, chilies, and spices.
- ‘Place the tofu, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and rice wine in a bowl.’
- ‘A former chef was convinced that his girlfriend was served HP sauce with her fishcakes instead of sweet chilli sauce.’
- ‘Manchester's Babylon kebab house came out second in a bid to find the UK's hottest kebab chilli sauce.’
- ‘Add half the spring onion, the mushrooms, pepper, chilli sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and mushroom water.’
- ‘In addition there is a New Orleans American style chilli sauce and the ubiquitous tomato ketchup.’
- ‘To make the chilli jam, sweat off the chilli and ginger in a heavy based pan and add chilli sauce and ketchup.’
- ‘If you're too timid to try them, stick to more enjoyable Isan favourites such as sticky rice dipped in chilli sauce, green papaya salad with dried shrimp, or skewers of barbecued chicken.’
- ‘Condiments on the table include Sriracha chilli sauce as well as tomato sauce, salt and pepper and Maggi seasoning.’
- ‘Scores are awarded for quality of meat, service, chilli sauce, garlic sauce, salad and value.’
- ‘I started off with the Thai fishcakes with sweet chilli sauce, and was very pleasantly surprised.’
- ‘Top tip - after a day on the slopes when your eyelashes are frozen and your chin is solid, proceed to a kebab shop, order a doner kebab with extra chilli sauce.’
- ‘Vicky was particularly keen on the dim sum, which consisted of the Chinese dumplings, spinach wonton, Peking ravioli and mini-spring roll, served with a spicy soy dip and sweet chilli sauce.’
- ‘The set up is wrapped and served with tomato or chilli sauce.’
- ‘It's so bad, that to not completely cover it in chilli sauce or gravy would be mad.’
- ‘I'd recommend going for anything of the ‘sambal’ variety - chicken or seafood cooked in a sweet and sour chilli sauce with tomatoes and onions.’
- ‘It came with rice, side salad, chilli sauce and minted yoghurt.’
- ‘And you would have been able to spice up your main meals with pepper, chilli sauce, Tabasco sauce and/or soya sauce.’
- ‘Relishes - coconut and coriander chutney, sweet chilli sauce - all taste fresh.’
- ‘The result can be served with hard-boiled eggs, nuts, peas, chilli sauce, etc.’
- ‘You use chilli sauce instead of tomato ketchup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.