One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hot dog garnished with chili con carne.
- ‘I think I was trying to relive that Shoestring's chili dog experience I had back in Placerville.’
- ‘And so here is Pat Miller, munching a chili dog in the middle of King James Country and calmly adjusting the control rods in the nuclear reactor.’
- ‘After golf, players gathered at caddyshack #2 and had chili dogs and hotdogs plus a few beers to wash it down.’
- ‘‘I'm in the mood for a hot chili dog and nachos with melted cheese! ‘exclaimed Kendra.’’
- ‘Long before there were fast-food drive-thrus, there were carhops slinging chili dogs and orange shakes at The Varsity, which opened in 1928 and now has four locations around town.’
- ‘And the Giants are in town to brutally beat the Cubs the next day, and I eat a knockwurst, a bratwurst and a chili dog in quick succession.’
- ‘Just eaten a massive chili dog, got mustard all over your hands and there are no toilets in sight?’
- ‘He started a few weeks ago, showing fans how to make flat bread chili dogs and jalapeno popcorn.’
- ‘We ate warm chili dogs and watched little snooty five-year-old skiers walk by, kids you could tell hadn't fallen even once that day.’
- ‘You start out with a half-dozen wings and move on to a large chili dog.’
- ‘In their free time, the ladies shovel down chili dogs, gamble away their stipends in casinos, and look for eligible men to date.’
- ‘Seth's dad thanked his son and jammed the chili dog into his mouth.’
- ‘Paul and Betty Pink borrowed $50 to buy a perambulator cart and set up shop on the corner of La Brea and Melrose, selling a 10-cent chili dog with all the fixings to studio moguls and hoboes alike.’
- ‘[Producer] Joel [Silver] kept us supplied with Polish deli sausages, and vitamins and chili dogs kept our strength up.’
- ‘That cost more than $10 so I went with the Top Dog - a chili dog with mustard, sauerkraut and bacon - sweet potato fries and a lemonade.’
- ‘There was the tastiest chili dog you ever laid eyes on.’
- ‘America, downsize your fries, unstuff your pizza, and take your chili dogs for a walk.’
- ‘You're the one who ate chili dogs and ice cream this morning… you freak!’
- ‘Don't forget, you want him to find you hot, so don't devour your chili dog in two giant chomps.’
- ‘I know it is hard to believe, but this chili dog from a roadside stand was the best food so far, all month long.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.