Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The illegal movement of children, typically for the purposes of forced labor or sexual exploitation.‘child trafficking has become a worldwide concern in the past few years’
- ‘He is currently working on a film for Unicef on child trafficking.’
- ‘The woman who handled the supposed adoption in Indonesia is now in prison facing child trafficking charges.’
- ‘I was wondering what can I do, as a regular citizen, about child trafficking?’
- ‘Child trafficking, exploitation of children in labour, sexual exploitation and child poverty are all on the increase.’
- ‘In recent years, there has been evidence of child trafficking in most major UK cities, including Nottingham, Newcastle and Leeds.’
- ‘Some countries have increased penalties for child trafficking.’
- ‘The conference heard that there has been a huge increase in child trafficking to Ireland over the past five years.’
- ‘Child trafficking persists because criminal syndicates are behind the illicit trade, tourism is sometimes involved, and victims often are afraid to come forward.’
- ‘Child trafficking was a global crisis, with about 1.2 million being trafficked worldwide each year.’
- ‘In 1987, women's groups and many other social organizations began agitating to force the government to crack down on child trafficking.’
- ‘The ship's captain denied any involvement in child trafficking.’
- ‘Mexican police have arrested 11 people in connection with child trafficking.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.