One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Court-ordered payments, typically made by a noncustodial divorced parent, to support one's minor child or children.
- ‘I lived meagerly on my savings and supported my son and myself with no child support.’
- ‘He knew my ex-husband's name and wanted to know if I was paying child support.’
- ‘The committee said the agency should be more aggressive in pursuing absent parents who fail to make child support payments.’
- ‘Solicitors visiting the region have expertise in the areas of child support for both the carer and the paying parent.’
- ‘One of the things I see is grandparents supporting kids while parents are wasting the child support money.’
- ‘The only reason I knew he was even alive was because the child support checks kept coming in.’
- ‘That in turn would have reduced the amount of money available to the father for the payment of child support.’
- ‘Do not discuss child support or property when trying to resolve a parenting plan.’
- ‘Thereafter, payments of child support shall continue monthly until further order of this Court.’
- ‘Men who want to avoid paying child support are seen as irresponsible playboys.’
- ‘Few things in Brazilian law are implemented as seriously as the prison sentence for failure to pay child support.’
- ‘Out of this, they have to pay a mortgage and child support for the two children from his previous relationship.’
- ‘His parents were divorced and his family lived off of alimony and child support.’
- ‘While seeking my first divorce and before child support had been court ordered, I started working at a local bank.’
- ‘I am referring to the penalties that quickly escalate as soon as a parent defaults on child support payments.’
- ‘Erving seems to have been a perfect noncustodial parent in regard to child support.’
- ‘He owed her a large sum of unpaid child support that now will never be paid.’
- ‘Unwed fathers of children born to teenaged mothers are least likely to pay child support.’
- ‘You both need to consult an attorney about child support and the issue of parental rights.’
- ‘Then when it proved that he was, in fact, the father, the court made him pay back child support.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.