One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Physical maltreatment or sexual molestation of a child.
- ‘This is a controversial field and goes to the heart of recent public concerns over child abuse.’
- ‘He emerged from the courtroom shouting that he had played no part in child abuse.’
- ‘Within four years of publication, nearly every state had mandated that doctors report child abuse.’
- ‘The experts all agreed that corporal punishment that results in injury is child abuse.’
- ‘I got sick reading the news of the two foreigners arrested on sexual child abuse.’
- ‘It is too easy for a belief like this to support child abuse and sexual molestation.’
- ‘The detention of children without a coherent rationale is institutional child abuse.’
- ‘To understand child abuse we need, paradoxically, to think harder about the nature of childhood.’
- ‘At the time many people did not see this as an issue of child abuse.’
- ‘Other causes taken up include road safety, child abuse and health education.’
- ‘This teacher committed further acts of child abuse after his appointment and was later convicted.’
- ‘Distressing events, such as child abuse and terrorism, are reported widely in the media.’
- ‘It is certainly a topic that audiences rarely warm to: films about child abuse have a hard time at the box office.’
- ‘What is known though is that reports of child abuse have skyrocketed.’
- ‘There was a plea for cooperation between all departments in identifying child abuse.’
- ‘Each Family Centre is part of a social work team which deals with child protection and the prevention of child abuse.’
- ‘The counsellor is duty-bound under California law to report any child abuse.’
- ‘It provokes a range of responses based on two radically different perspectives on the issue of child abuse.’
- ‘Domestic violence is often concurrent with child abuse, because violent men hit both wives and kids.’
- ‘Surely this would give way to more problems that could range from child abuse to abandoned babies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.