One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Physical maltreatment or sexual molestation of a child.
- ‘He emerged from the courtroom shouting that he had played no part in child abuse.’
- ‘This teacher committed further acts of child abuse after his appointment and was later convicted.’
- ‘The detention of children without a coherent rationale is institutional child abuse.’
- ‘This is a controversial field and goes to the heart of recent public concerns over child abuse.’
- ‘Within four years of publication, nearly every state had mandated that doctors report child abuse.’
- ‘Other causes taken up include road safety, child abuse and health education.’
- ‘The experts all agreed that corporal punishment that results in injury is child abuse.’
- ‘Surely this would give way to more problems that could range from child abuse to abandoned babies.’
- ‘What is known though is that reports of child abuse have skyrocketed.’
- ‘I got sick reading the news of the two foreigners arrested on sexual child abuse.’
- ‘Distressing events, such as child abuse and terrorism, are reported widely in the media.’
- ‘Each Family Centre is part of a social work team which deals with child protection and the prevention of child abuse.’
- ‘At the time many people did not see this as an issue of child abuse.’
- ‘Domestic violence is often concurrent with child abuse, because violent men hit both wives and kids.’
- ‘There was a plea for cooperation between all departments in identifying child abuse.’
- ‘To understand child abuse we need, paradoxically, to think harder about the nature of childhood.’
- ‘The counsellor is duty-bound under California law to report any child abuse.’
- ‘It is certainly a topic that audiences rarely warm to: films about child abuse have a hard time at the box office.’
- ‘It provokes a range of responses based on two radically different perspectives on the issue of child abuse.’
- ‘It is too easy for a belief like this to support child abuse and sexual molestation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.