One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Consequently, this will result in chilblained or frostbitten hands, feet, and ears.’
- ‘Just ask the chilblained citizens of Minnesota.’
- ‘With Spartan fortitude he had to squeeze his chilblained feet into wet socks and soggy boots frozen solid.’
- ‘There was no change of clothing to be had; wet boots enclosed ill-stockinged, chilblained feet; bodies remained unwashed through lack of basic facilities, or from sheer tiredness.’
- ‘In the long run this may lead to chilblained hands and/or feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.