One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Mexican cooking) a dish of fried tortilla strips typically topped with a spicy tomato sauce and cheese.
- ‘This same spicy red sauce turns Romero's morning chilaquiles into an event.’
- ‘In one household he gustily ate the breakfast chilaquiles, guzzled juice, and jumped at the chance for second helpings.’
- ‘I love chilaquiles so we're going to a Mexican restaurant for brunch.’
- ‘Our entrées arrive. The chilaquiles are written up on the menu as Mexican lasagna: layers of tortilla, cheese, chicken, salsa and sour cream.’
- ‘The engine's clang and grind smoothed out slightly, and the aromatic bite of the diesel fuel was replaced by a sweeter, balmier perfume of chilaquiles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.