One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of the US armed forces ranking above warrant officer and below the lowest-ranking commissioned officer.
- ‘The only personnel in the Army inventory that meet these requirements are chief warrant officers.’
- ‘Oh, and there's a chief warrant officer, too!’
- ‘Not until after she enlisted did Mercado learn that her grandfather was a retired Army chief warrant officer.’
- ‘He was a cook in the Air Force, retiring as a chief warrant officer after 29 years of service.’
- ‘The chief warrant officers and I insisted that the equipment that left our shop perform at the highest standards.’
- ‘Our contract linguist and a chief warrant officer two came to us as a human intelligence package and provided great support in hasty interrogation.’
- ‘Several years ago, two Army chief warrant officers counted on the best-case scenario.’
- ‘It is a task-organized team consisting of a chief warrant officer and Department of the Army civilian technicians from AMC's major subordinate commands.’
- ‘I am a chief warrant officer in MOS 670A, Health Services Maintenance Technician.’
- ‘They were young troopers and old soldiers, private to captain to chief warrant officer 4.’
- ‘My father, a retired Army chief warrant officer 4 and Vietnam veteran, is fighting to return to service, and to be deployed to the Mideast.’
- ‘It is led by a 351B CI chief warrant officer and staffed with four enlisted 97B CI agents.’
- ‘This applies to staff sergeants and above, chief warrant officers two and above and first lieutenants and above to colonels.’
- ‘I could not believe that a chief warrant officer 3 has a problem following regulations.’
- ‘The chief warrant officer developed several tactics, techniques and procedures to restore legacy voice routing.’
- ‘If they want to become a sergeant first class, a chief warrant officer, or a field grade officer, for example, they are going to have to plan on some extra days, attend meetings and planning conferences, and take on additional schooling.’
- ‘I distinctly remember a video of a chief warrant officer asking a lieutenant: ‘Do you think we can make it between those trees?’’
- ‘Upon completion of WOCD, he received a direct appointment to chief warrant officer two with an assignment to the Warrant Officer Division, PERSCOM, as an action officer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.