One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A noncommissioned officer in the US air force ranking above senior master sergeant and below warrant officer.
- ‘But before making chief master sergeant he'd like to wear the first sergeant's diamond and help people.’
- ‘The 17 enlisted men and women with doctorate and professional degrees range from senior airman to chief master sergeant.’
- ‘One of the demonstrators, cited by the press, was a retired chief master sergeant who served 30 years in the Air Force.’
- ‘I spoke with all the base chief master sergeants who have had nothing but praise for the Australians even though we were just a drop in the ocean compared with them.’
- ‘My selection allowed for many growth opportunities and contributed to my future success and first-time up selections for senior master sergeant and chief master sergeant.’
- ‘‘I want to become the chief master sergeant of the Air Force,’ Murray told the board, not knowing that one day he would reach that goal.’
- ‘For enlisted Airmen, achieving the Force's highest enlisted rank, chief master sergeant, is a common career goal.’
- ‘There are 15 retired chief master sergeants, and an impressive 92 percent of the civilians have served in the military.’
- ‘There are a total of 60 course facilitators, all volunteers in the rank of staff sergeant through chief master sergeant.’
- ‘It requires me to better manage my time because, after all, chief master sergeants are still allowed to take leave.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.