Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A movie that appeals mainly to women.
- ‘Of course, I didn't tell him it was a chick flick.’
- ‘I told him I was surprised that Amy wanted to see an action movie rather than a chick flick, and he smiled.’
- ‘However, guys, if the little lady is intent on catching a chick flick, you could do a lot worse.’
- ‘‘This film definitely isn't just a chick flick,’ the actor points out.’
- ‘He felt like one of those idiots in a chick flick mooning over the movie's lead.’
- ‘I would call this more of a date movie than a chick flick, and its charm won me over.’
- ‘I figured maybe a chick flick would cheer you up after your encounter with Conner today,’
- ‘Josh even promised that if they went to a chick flick, he wouldn't make comments about how stupid the characters acted.’
- ‘Yes, if you want to get technical, this is a chick flick.’
- ‘Its one of those films that works great both as a guy flick and a chick flick, which is pretty rare.’
- ‘At the end of the movie, a typical chick flick, the guy asked the girl to marry him.’
- ‘It's a chick flick that your average home theater nerd isn't going to bother with.’
- ‘Not many guys stayed up till the end of the movie since it was a chick flick.’
- ‘You'll never stumble across a movie that is a better example of a chick flick.’
- ‘With its blend of floaty dresses, verbal warfare, near tragedy, comedy and romance, this is the ultimate chick flick and doubtless there will be many more versions of it to come.’
- ‘Here is a movie that looks like a chick flick and smells like a chick flick, but turned out to be a fun romp with more than a few nifty action sequences.’
- ‘We watched a comedy, which was a good compromise for a chick flick and a manly man movie.’
- ‘A very attractive woman can always help smooth over the seemingly endless supply of minutes in a chick flick.’
- ‘The picture could have been a scene right out of a chick flick.’
- ‘Yes, it was indeed a Hollywood chick flick in the making.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.