One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of a group of indigenous peoples, including the Toltecs and the Aztecs, dominant in central Mexico from the 10th to the 16th centuries.
- ‘No satisfactory explanation for this collapse has been offered, although sacking by rival Chichimecs is one possibility.’
- ‘The painter delicately yet pointedly marks Quinatzin's status by assigning each of his interlocutors only one speech scroll, in contrast to the Chichimec leader's three.’
- ‘At top center, a cave rendered in a cutaway view within its mountain matrix shelters a Chichimec family.’
- ‘These the Chichimecs considered to be descended from the Toltecs of Tollan, the ‘Place of the Reeds,’ the fabled central Mexican city, a place of divine creation and the cradle of human civilization.’
- ‘According to Clavijero the Toltecs came to Mexico about A.D.648, the Chichimecs in 1170, and the Aztecs in 1196.’
2The Uto-Aztecan language of the Chichimec.
Spanish, from Nahuatl.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.