(in Mexican cooking) a piece of fried pork crackling.
- ‘The interior, softly illuminated by a heat lamp, holds a fiberglass object about 2 feet long that represents a golden brown chicharron, or deep-fried pork rind.’
- ‘The chicharrones pork ribs, on the other hand, were nicely crisped around the edges and touched with a purée of fresh avocado and tomatoes and cilantro.’
- ‘In small bowl, combine chicharrones, garlic and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.’
- ‘This comes in the form of chicharron, a tasty hunk of pork, and relleno, a dark, salty, soft sausage.’
- ‘The centre of the platter is chicharron, a tasty hunk of pork fried up to a satisfyingly chewy consistency.’
From American Spanish chicharrón.