Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
as modifier Relating to or denoting a statistical method assessing the goodness of fit between observed values and those expected theoretically.
- ‘It was demonstrated that the statistical power of the chi-square test, for detecting disequilibrium between two loci with two alleles each, depends strongly on the sign of disequilibrium.’
- ‘I used contingency table analyses and chi-square tests to assess differences in fidelity according to breeding performance, residency status, and study site categories.’
- ‘Statistical significance of rescue experiments was assessed using the chi-square test.’
- ‘These papers contain contributions to regression analysis, the correlation coefficient and includes the chi-square test of statistical significance.’
- ‘To assess statistical significance chi-square tests of association and confidence intervals are provided.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.