One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Flavored gum for chewing, typically sold in packets of individually wrapped thin strips.
- ‘It may exert this effect even at low doses in chewing gum flavoured with liquorice.’
- ‘We are clueless when it comes to removing chewing gum from things.’
- ‘She absently smacked her chewing gum and wound it around her finger as she talked.’
- ‘This morning though, I found a packet of chewing gum in the microwave.’
- ‘They said chewing gum was the most serious form of litter they encountered.’
- ‘Last night, I felt like I was chewing cotton wool, and walking with chewing gum stuck to the bottom of my feet.’
- ‘The taste is of stale water with a texture somewhere between used chewing gum and window putty.’
- ‘The problem of streets blighted with chewing gum will never go away.’
- ‘Tony's face reddened and he toyed with the wrapper off his chewing gum.’
- ‘There are certain corridors that the students are not allowed to use and you have rules on chewing gum.’
- ‘Is it ok to chew chewing gum that's been through the wash in the pocket of your jeans?’
- ‘A letter has been sent to every parent laying down the new ground rules which include a ban on mobile phones and chewing gum in school.’
- ‘I bet there's not one person reading this that can honestly say they have never got chewing gum stuck to the bottom of their shoe.’
- ‘His words were slightly muffled by the wad of chewing gum rolling around his mouth.’
- ‘Heavy users of garlic, cough sweets or chewing gum will similarly find their tasting faculties impaired.’
- ‘The streets of Swinford are covered with discarded chewing gum and needs attending to urgently.’
- ‘What are the Government's plans to eradicate the evil of discarded chewing gum from the nation's pavements?’
- ‘The rest of the town still has to put up with discarded chewing gum.’
- ‘When I was five, she bought me chocolates and chewing gum and we talked about cricket.’
- ‘Clearing up unsightly chewing gum from pavements is a costly burden for local councils, but now an answer is at hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.