One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Flavored gum for chewing, typically sold in packets of individually wrapped thin strips.
- ‘Is it ok to chew chewing gum that's been through the wash in the pocket of your jeans?’
- ‘Last night, I felt like I was chewing cotton wool, and walking with chewing gum stuck to the bottom of my feet.’
- ‘When I was five, she bought me chocolates and chewing gum and we talked about cricket.’
- ‘The problem of streets blighted with chewing gum will never go away.’
- ‘The streets of Swinford are covered with discarded chewing gum and needs attending to urgently.’
- ‘Heavy users of garlic, cough sweets or chewing gum will similarly find their tasting faculties impaired.’
- ‘A letter has been sent to every parent laying down the new ground rules which include a ban on mobile phones and chewing gum in school.’
- ‘The rest of the town still has to put up with discarded chewing gum.’
- ‘Tony's face reddened and he toyed with the wrapper off his chewing gum.’
- ‘His words were slightly muffled by the wad of chewing gum rolling around his mouth.’
- ‘There are certain corridors that the students are not allowed to use and you have rules on chewing gum.’
- ‘This morning though, I found a packet of chewing gum in the microwave.’
- ‘The taste is of stale water with a texture somewhere between used chewing gum and window putty.’
- ‘She absently smacked her chewing gum and wound it around her finger as she talked.’
- ‘It may exert this effect even at low doses in chewing gum flavoured with liquorice.’
- ‘What are the Government's plans to eradicate the evil of discarded chewing gum from the nation's pavements?’
- ‘We are clueless when it comes to removing chewing gum from things.’
- ‘They said chewing gum was the most serious form of litter they encountered.’
- ‘Clearing up unsightly chewing gum from pavements is a costly burden for local councils, but now an answer is at hand.’
- ‘I bet there's not one person reading this that can honestly say they have never got chewing gum stuck to the bottom of their shoe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.