One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American oak which has leaves resembling those of the chestnut.
- ‘In fact, after a chestnut oak in Connecticut, it was the second tree ever to be officially nominated for national champion status.’
- ‘Data were collected from red maple, chestnut oak, and scarlet oak seedlings on the burned site and an unburned reference site.’
- ‘The data show that chestnut oak and white oak were uncommon on north and east exposures, and black cherry occurred infrequently on west and southwest exposures.’
- ‘Slowly, like a stunted chestnut oak falling to the floor of the forest, he toppled over.’
- ‘Red maple, chestnut oak, and scarlet oak are all abundant in the seedling layer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.