One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rich looks slighter than I remember, and he is sounding bad, coughing chestily into his fist.’
- ‘He is fine company and laughs chestily at times, even if for the most part he assumes the patented demeanour of the serious, centred actor.’
- ‘I come down here wrapped in scarves, gloves and winter apparel, wheezing chestily and barely able to speak.’
- ‘Can a lot of sopranos chestily growl the Habañera?’
- ‘He nodded and coughed chestily; his eyes in the sky.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.