One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pig of a prolific white breed with drooping ears, developed in Pennsylvania.
- ‘The strengths of the Chester White breed are: mothering ability, durability, and soundness.’
- ‘The family developed a herd of about 200 Chester Whites, running a farrow-to-finish operation, selling the market hogs to Hormel on a grade-and-yield basis.’
- ‘Among the lard hogs are the Chester Whites, the Duroc-Jersey, the Poland China, the Berkshire, and smaller Hampshires.’
- ‘In addition, Miller is active in a pork production partnership, raising purebred Chester Whites, Hampshires and Yorkshires.’
- ‘I wanted to move back home and raise purebred Chester Whites.’
- ‘Animals used in these studies were crosses between Yorkshires and Chester Whites.’
Named after Chester county, Pennsylvania.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.