One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The attribute of grace, benevolence, or compassion, especially (in Kabbalism) as one of the sephiroth.
- ‘For God to have created the world at all was nothing short of an act of chesed!’
- ‘Within the sphere of visible action, chesed is without cause, a proactive expression of expansiveness.’
- ‘Abraham was famous for his acts of chesed, kindness.’
- ‘God is also constantly engaged in sustaining all of Creation through acts of chesed.’
- ‘Thus the act of chesed is an act whose dynamics lie in the giver's domain.’
Hebrew ḥeseḏ ‘grace, lovingkindness’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.