One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The attribute of grace, benevolence, or compassion, especially (in Kabbalism) as one of the sephiroth.
- ‘Abraham was famous for his acts of chesed, kindness.’
- ‘Within the sphere of visible action, chesed is without cause, a proactive expression of expansiveness.’
- ‘For God to have created the world at all was nothing short of an act of chesed!’
- ‘Thus the act of chesed is an act whose dynamics lie in the giver's domain.’
- ‘God is also constantly engaged in sustaining all of Creation through acts of chesed.’
Hebrew ḥeseḏ ‘grace, lovingkindness’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.