One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The chemical and industrial use of organic raw materials.
- ‘I think it's time to return to chemurgy, making plastics from cellulose and farm products.’
- ‘The laboratories might not have been authorized at all were it not for the influence of the chemurgy movement.’
- ‘There is still opportunity to exploit the chemurgy of formalin and develop new and higher priced adhesives and resins.’
- ‘Known as chemurgy, the science lost much of its ‘reason for being’ after WWII when the petroleum industry redirected its attention from the war effort to commercial products.’
- ‘In early 1928 Ford became interested in a new agricultural concept - farm chemurgy, which put chemistry and allied sciences to work for agriculture.’
1930s: from chemo-, on the pattern of metallurgy.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.