One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of disease by the use of chemical substances, especially the treatment of cancer by cytotoxic and other drugs.
- ‘We can offer you treatment with chemotherapy, and I would definitely advise you to accept it.’
- ‘Some of it is because we use chemotherapy, some of it is because we use radiation therapy.’
- ‘When chemotherapy failed to induce remission he made a brave decision not to have any more.’
- ‘Cancer treatment using chemotherapy or radiotherapy can also make men infertile.’
- ‘Different chemotherapy drugs may be used alone or in combinations of two or more drugs.’
- ‘In addition he developed lung cancer, though he seemed to have responded well to chemotherapy.’
- ‘Current chemotherapy is much safer and more effective than previous treatments.’
- ‘The youngster had to undergo treatment which included radiotherapy and chemotherapy.’
- ‘The main treatments for bone cancer are chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery.’
- ‘Medicines are available which reduce the side-effects of chemotherapy such as nausea.’
- ‘Her treatment was a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy followed by a lumpectomy.’
- ‘Usually small cell lung cancers spread quickly, and the best treatment is chemotherapy.’
- ‘This is used less often than surgery and chemotherapy to treat ovarian cancer.’
- ‘Many cancer cells damaged by chemotherapy can go on to repair their DNA and then reform.’
- ‘There seemed only a slim chance she would survive but after chemotherapy the cancer went away.’
- ‘Beryl now has to make a decision about having chemotherapy because the cancer has spread.’
- ‘David endured gruelling chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment as well as major surgery.’
- ‘You will need to visit hospital a number of times to have radiotherapy or chemotherapy.’
- ‘If the cancer has spread to the liver or lungs, then chemotherapy is often tried first.’
- ‘Radiotherapy or chemotherapy may also be required if the cancer has spread.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.