One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of drugs to prevent disease.
- ‘It reviews key risk factors for malaria acquisition, measures to prevent mosquito bites, and drugs approved for chemoprophylaxis.’
- ‘However, there is no evidence that chemoprophylaxis prevents late-onset disease.’
- ‘Early detection of HIV optimizes chemoprophylaxis for opportunistic infections and provides an opportunity for secondary HIV prevention.’
- ‘To prevent recurrence of serious bacterial respiratory infections, antibiotic chemoprophylaxis may be considered.’
- ‘According to ACIP, chemoprophylaxis is not a substitute for vaccination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.