Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a class of cytokines with functions that include attracting white blood cells to sites of infection.
- ‘Proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines were measured in lung homogenates.’
- ‘These results suggest that TRX may alter the cell populations in the lung but may not directly affect expression of cytokines or chemokines in cells.’
- ‘The roles of cytokines, chemokines, and the Th1 / Th2 paradigm will be explored.’
- ‘Inflammatory cells and cytokines / chemokines seem to play an important role in the flu-like reaction to bronchoscopy.’
- ‘However, proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines have been previously implicated in this process.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.