One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which attracts motile cells of a particular type.‘a fibroblast chemoattractant’
- ‘The release of the chemoattractant IL - 8 by isolated cells may help explain the neutrophil infiltration that occurs later during VILI.’
- ‘These activated cells release chemoattractants and growth factors that result in cellular proliferation and granuloma formation.’
- ‘Both C3a and C5a are also known chemoattractants for inflammatory cells.’
- ‘This fungus has just two mating types and pheromones are secreted to act as chemoattractants for identifying compatible mating partners.’
- ‘Netrins are chemoattractants for commissural axons in the vertebral spinal cord.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.