One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which attracts motile cells of a particular type.‘a fibroblast chemoattractant’
- ‘Both C3a and C5a are also known chemoattractants for inflammatory cells.’
- ‘This fungus has just two mating types and pheromones are secreted to act as chemoattractants for identifying compatible mating partners.’
- ‘Netrins are chemoattractants for commissural axons in the vertebral spinal cord.’
- ‘The release of the chemoattractant IL - 8 by isolated cells may help explain the neutrophil infiltration that occurs later during VILI.’
- ‘These activated cells release chemoattractants and growth factors that result in cellular proliferation and granuloma formation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.