Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The emission of light during a chemical reaction that does not produce significant quantities of heat.
- ‘The amount of chemiluminescence is proportional to the quantity of the amplified product.’
- ‘One area of current interest is how low-level chemiluminescence arises from the reaction between hydroperoxide and Hb.’
- ‘Electrogenerated chemiluminescence can be employed as an analytical tool.’
- ‘Natural sources of chemiluminescence include fireflies, glow-worms and a variety of bacteria and fungi.’
- ‘The secondary antibody was detected by chemiluminescence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.