One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The emission of light during a chemical reaction which does not produce significant quantities of heat.
- ‘Natural sources of chemiluminescence include fireflies, glow-worms and a variety of bacteria and fungi.’
- ‘The secondary antibody was detected by chemiluminescence.’
- ‘Electrogenerated chemiluminescence can be employed as an analytical tool.’
- ‘The amount of chemiluminescence is proportional to the quantity of the amplified product.’
- ‘One area of current interest is how low-level chemiluminescence arises from the reaction between hydroperoxide and Hb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.