The emission of light during a chemical reaction that does not produce significant quantities of heat.
- ‘The amount of chemiluminescence is proportional to the quantity of the amplified product.’
- ‘One area of current interest is how low-level chemiluminescence arises from the reaction between hydroperoxide and Hb.’
- ‘Electrogenerated chemiluminescence can be employed as an analytical tool.’
- ‘Natural sources of chemiluminescence include fireflies, glow-worms and a variety of bacteria and fungi.’
- ‘The secondary antibody was detected by chemiluminescence.’