One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The change in Gibbs free energy with respect to change in amount of the component, with pressure, temperature, and amounts of other components being constant. Components are in equilibrium if their chemical potentials are equal.
- ‘It is important to eliminate duplicate conformations so that no conformations are counted as contributing more than once to the chemical potential.’
- ‘It creates a chemical potential or concentration gradient between the opposite sides of the membrane while also creating an electrical potential.’
- ‘The chemical potential of plants is however, still largely unexplored.’
- ‘These chemical potentials are obtained as derivatives of the time-dependent free energy with respect to the local density of proteins.’
- ‘The mechanism of water transport across the cuticle is a simple diffusion process along a gradient of the chemical potential of water.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.