Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The change in Gibbs free energy with respect to change in amount of the component, with pressure, temperature, and amounts of other components being constant. Components are in equilibrium if their chemical potentials are equal.
- ‘The mechanism of water transport across the cuticle is a simple diffusion process along a gradient of the chemical potential of water.’
- ‘These chemical potentials are obtained as derivatives of the time-dependent free energy with respect to the local density of proteins.’
- ‘It creates a chemical potential or concentration gradient between the opposite sides of the membrane while also creating an electrical potential.’
- ‘The chemical potential of plants is however, still largely unexplored.’
- ‘It is important to eliminate duplicate conformations so that no conformations are counted as contributing more than once to the chemical potential.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.