Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of engineering concerned with the design and operation of industrial chemical plants.
- ‘She has completed similar surveys of chemical engineering and physics departments, and reports that the results are almost as bad.’
- ‘He also serves as professor of chemical engineering and professor of medicine.’
- ‘His father, however, disliked Alfred's interest in poetry and in order to broaden his horizons, sent him abroad for further training in chemical engineering.’
- ‘Civil and chemical engineering salaries remained relatively stable, but electronic engineers were hit badly by the downturn in the technology sector.’
- ‘I read many books and obtained significant knowledge in chemical engineering, physics, and mathematics.’
- ‘He hopes to have a career in chemical or chemical engineering research.’
- ‘You don't talk about civil engineering or chemical engineering - you talk about environmental engineering.’
- ‘I don't know whether to go for chemical engineering or electrical engineering.’
- ‘He also plans to study chemical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the fall.’
- ‘Around this time his father began to suggest that Nick should study ‘something with substance’ and follow his lead into chemical engineering.’
- ‘Despite working for a degree in chemical engineering, Wigner studied mathematics and physics in his own time.’
- ‘Biological processes are the next big thing in chemical engineering.’
- ‘An extensive background in chemical engineering, missile design, or bacteriology is a good start.’
- ‘From his isolated vantage point in chemical engineering, he seems to have been spared discussions on his campus that the new general education curriculum initially provoked.’
- ‘The assistant professor of chemical engineering is getting recognition for her research into biodegradable polymer materials that could aid nerve regeneration.’
- ‘Environmental, petroleum and chemical engineering are among Kuwait's priorities.’
- ‘The understanding and development of these operations gave rise to the branch of engineering called chemical engineering.’
- ‘She earned degrees in physical chemistry and chemical engineering from the University of Cape Town in South Africa.’
- ‘Titanium linings for mild steel vessels, a major advance in chemical engineering, call for special study by the welding technologist.’
- ‘Dave followed in his father's footsteps and earned a degree in chemical engineering from the University of California - San Diego.’
chemical engineering/ˈkeməkəl ˌenjəˈni(ə)riNG/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.