One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Addiction to a mood- or mind-altering drug, such as alcohol or cocaine.
- ‘My wife was an alcoholic with her own chemical dependencies.’
- ‘The law also includes a mandated benefit for treatment for chemical dependency, including alcoholism, up to insurer-specified dollar or visit limits.’
- ‘If the situation is serious, you may have to go to a rehab for chemical dependency.’
- ‘I have seen colleagues of mine completely ignore symptoms and signs of their own chemical dependency that they would recognize immediately in one of their patients.’
- ‘Unresolved grief can surface years later as headaches, intestinal problems, psychiatric difficulties, eating disorders or chemical dependency.’
- ‘Because they depress the central nervous system and have the potential for abuse, however, these drugs should be avoided in patients recovering from chemical dependency.’
- ‘Most physicians would agree that narcotics are inappropriate for patients with chemical dependency, significant character pathology, and psychiatric illness.’
- ‘Recovering from chemical dependency is a life-long process, and some individuals require more than one round of treatment to be successful.’
- ‘Such issues include cultural pluralism, sexual orientation, sexism, chemical dependency, and violence.’
- ‘Steps must be taken to identify drug-users, treat the problems of chemical dependency and prevent relapse.’
- ‘That is, she began to miss counseling appointments at an agency that is licensed to provide mental health services as well as treatment for chemical dependency.’
- ‘This therapist has been recognized for his work in the field of mental health, chemical dependency and sexuality during his 25 plus years in practice.’
- ‘Sexual and physical abuse, chemical dependency, and prostitution appear most frequently in the literature as being positively related to risky sexual behavior.’
- ‘It's okay that I don't have any tattoos, piercings, or chemical dependencies.’
- ‘Moreover, evidence indicates that smoking-cessation interventions do not interfere with recovery from chemical dependency.’
- ‘The now-familiar relation between an abusive parent and the eventual chemical dependency of the child is also illustrated.’
- ‘I understand that there is a chemical dependency center that is ready to receive you today.’
- ‘Alcohol consumption and chemical dependency is discouraged.’
- ‘Yet the use of hypnosis with chemical dependency continues to be thought of as an alternative therapy when it is, possibly, one of the better choices available.’
- ‘While the situation of each homeless mother is unique, abuse, severe depression, chemical dependency, illiteracy, and chronic poverty are common contributing factors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.