One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hamburger with a slice of cheese on it.
- ‘But the chain still sells eight times as many double cheeseburgers as salads.’
- ‘One of my biggest cravings was bacon cheeseburgers.’
- ‘The most requested last meal is a cheeseburger and French fries.’
- ‘But the kids' menu rarely ventures beyond cheeseburgers, pizza, fried chicken fingers, and French fries.’
- ‘These days, soup is as easy to get as a double cheeseburger.’
- ‘Choose a baked chicken sandwich and salad instead of a cheeseburger and fries, for example.’
- ‘While his companions sat patiently, he couldn't decide between the cheeseburger and pasta, and eventually asked for both.’
- ‘I can't imagine life without a juicy roast beef dinner on a Sunday, or the occasional cheeseburger.’
- ‘I mean, he loved cheeseburgers and he loved peanut butter sandwiches.’
- ‘That means no more cheeseburgers, or cheese-egg omelets.’
- ‘My cheeseburger was 100 per cent beef and cooked to perfection: medium-rare.’
- ‘Instead, do your part by cutting back on cheeseburgers, pork chops, and chicken nuggets.’
- ‘I would have just had a regular burger, but they were having a special on bacon avocado cheeseburgers, and how could I say no?’
- ‘She picked up a plate and studied the dishes in front of her wishing for a platter of cheeseburgers to appear at the end of the table.’
- ‘It smelled fresh of varnish, which was buried under a scent of cheeseburgers, French fries and onion rings.’
- ‘Order a cheeseburger without ketchup and they'll look at you funny.’
- ‘Pizza, cheeseburgers, and onion rings also contain good amounts of grease.’
- ‘I ordered a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with French fries, and Marc ordered a cheeseburger with fries.’
- ‘She entered her house with the double cheeseburger and French fries.’
- ‘I also need filet mignon, cheeseburgers, every type of ice cream and sorbet, plus fresh fruit and snacks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.