One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hamburger with a slice of cheese on it.
- ‘The most requested last meal is a cheeseburger and French fries.’
- ‘She entered her house with the double cheeseburger and French fries.’
- ‘Pizza, cheeseburgers, and onion rings also contain good amounts of grease.’
- ‘I ordered a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with French fries, and Marc ordered a cheeseburger with fries.’
- ‘She picked up a plate and studied the dishes in front of her wishing for a platter of cheeseburgers to appear at the end of the table.’
- ‘But the chain still sells eight times as many double cheeseburgers as salads.’
- ‘Order a cheeseburger without ketchup and they'll look at you funny.’
- ‘Choose a baked chicken sandwich and salad instead of a cheeseburger and fries, for example.’
- ‘It smelled fresh of varnish, which was buried under a scent of cheeseburgers, French fries and onion rings.’
- ‘I mean, he loved cheeseburgers and he loved peanut butter sandwiches.’
- ‘I also need filet mignon, cheeseburgers, every type of ice cream and sorbet, plus fresh fruit and snacks.’
- ‘My cheeseburger was 100 per cent beef and cooked to perfection: medium-rare.’
- ‘That means no more cheeseburgers, or cheese-egg omelets.’
- ‘While his companions sat patiently, he couldn't decide between the cheeseburger and pasta, and eventually asked for both.’
- ‘I can't imagine life without a juicy roast beef dinner on a Sunday, or the occasional cheeseburger.’
- ‘I would have just had a regular burger, but they were having a special on bacon avocado cheeseburgers, and how could I say no?’
- ‘But the kids' menu rarely ventures beyond cheeseburgers, pizza, fried chicken fingers, and French fries.’
- ‘One of my biggest cravings was bacon cheeseburgers.’
- ‘These days, soup is as easy to get as a double cheeseburger.’
- ‘Instead, do your part by cutting back on cheeseburgers, pork chops, and chicken nuggets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.