One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for cheese-skipper
- ‘Its features are essentially given by the development of cheese fly larvae within it during the seasoning.’
- ‘The cheese fly consumes any remaining moist flesh at this stage, even though it is uncommon earlier in decay.’
- ‘The larvae of the cheese fly are deliberately introduced to the cheese to prompt an advanced level of fermentation and breaking down the cheese's fat.’
- ‘They take a block of cheese, make a hole in it and insert a drop of oil to attract the cheese fly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.