Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for cheese-skipper
- ‘The cheese fly consumes any remaining moist flesh at this stage, even though it is uncommon earlier in decay.’
- ‘They take a block of cheese, make a hole in it and insert a drop of oil to attract the cheese fly.’
- ‘Its features are essentially given by the development of cheese fly larvae within it during the seasoning.’
- ‘The larvae of the cheese fly are deliberately introduced to the cheese to prompt an advanced level of fermentation and breaking down the cheese's fat.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.