Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for cheese-skipper
- ‘The larvae of the cheese fly are deliberately introduced to the cheese to prompt an advanced level of fermentation and breaking down the cheese's fat.’
- ‘Its features are essentially given by the development of cheese fly larvae within it during the seasoning.’
- ‘The cheese fly consumes any remaining moist flesh at this stage, even though it is uncommon earlier in decay.’
- ‘They take a block of cheese, make a hole in it and insert a drop of oil to attract the cheese fly.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.