1Expressing good wishes, in particular.
- 1.1Good wishes before drinking.‘“Cheers,” she said, raising her glass’
- ‘But now we have and it should be read tongue in cheek and beer in hand - cheers!’
- ‘For the betterment of them we shall eat, cheers!’
- 1.2British Good wishes on parting or ending a conversation.‘“Cheers, Jack, see you later.”’
- 1.3British Gratitude or acknowledgment for something.‘Billy tossed him the key. “Cheers, pal.”’
- ‘The lads certainly appreciated your support - cheers!’
- 1.1Good wishes before drinking.