One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American butterfly with pale markings on the wings that typically form a checkered pattern.
- ‘The acquisitions will add to the adjacent conservation areas and are essential to recovery of the Quino checkerspot butterfly (Euphydryas editha quino).’
- ‘Residential and commercial development, invasive non-native plants, and air pollution threaten the survival of the bay checkerspot butterfly.’
- ‘Our biologists are working with Mexican and American partners now to recover the light-footed clapper rail, the Quino checkerspot butterfly, the ocelot, and many other species.’
- ‘I believe they were mostly Harris's checkerspots and wood nymphs, or the like, but there were also the occasional monarchs, swallowtails, and mourning cloaks.’
- ‘The Sacramento Mountains checkerspot butterfly has a wingspan of approximately 2 inches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.