One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Simple and inexpensive.
inexpensive, low-priced, low-price, low-cost, economical, economic, competitive, affordable, reasonable, reasonably priced, moderately priced, keenly priced, budget, economy, cheap and cheerful, bargain, cut-rate, cut-price, half-price, sale-price, sale, reduced, on special offer, marked down, discounted, discount, rock-bottom, giveawayView synonyms
- ‘The beaches were great golden expanses and the resorts themselves cheap and cheerful.’
- ‘GM crops can increase productivity, improve crop quality and end the reliance on chemical pesticides; they are cheap and cheerful, need little maintenance and protect the crops' gene bank.’
- ‘If you want cheap and cheerful, you get cheap and cheerful.’
- ‘The food is cheap and cheerful and there is nothing to worry about.’
- ‘The food is overpriced and pretentious, students want cheap and cheerful.’
- ‘Like the roof structure, they are cheap and cheerful, but they are also robust and will need little maintenance.’
- ‘It seems that everyone involved has forgotten the golden rule for success in promoting any entertainment business - the customer is always right and the customer wants it cheap and cheerful, which a single channel could deliver.’
- ‘They want something that is cheap and cheerful that does the job.’
- ‘Tonight we are going to a flash restaurant, there are plenty of them here alongside the cheap and cheerful, you can easily spend 30 quid on a main course.’
- ‘However, if you decide not to splash out, purchase something cheap and cheerful instead just to get one of the stores famous branded carrier bags.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.