One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The town fathers chauvinistically insisted that local materials be used.’
- ‘The change to recommended international non-proprietary names is rational and we should not resist it chauvinistically.’
- ‘There is always a danger here of adopting a chauvinistically Eurocentric perspective.’
- ‘We can, therefore, take it that even in those chauvinistically male-dominated times, 17th century women had personal problems, which they dared to air and seek advice from an agony aunt.’
- ‘It's about the likes of him and others of a similar mindset that Pericles wrote in 429 BC, perhaps somewhat chauvinistically, but with his heart in the right place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.