One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is always a danger here of adopting a chauvinistically Eurocentric perspective.’
- ‘We can, therefore, take it that even in those chauvinistically male-dominated times, 17th century women had personal problems, which they dared to air and seek advice from an agony aunt.’
- ‘The town fathers chauvinistically insisted that local materials be used.’
- ‘It's about the likes of him and others of a similar mindset that Pericles wrote in 429 BC, perhaps somewhat chauvinistically, but with his heart in the right place.’
- ‘The change to recommended international non-proprietary names is rational and we should not resist it chauvinistically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.