Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer program designed to simulate conversation with human users, especially over the Internet.‘chatbots often treat conversations like they're a game of tennis: talk, reply, talk, reply’
- ‘The account information is provided in style, via a chatbot.’
- ‘In such cases, obviously, it's different than what people traditionally think of as a "Turing Test" since the participants don't even know that talking to a chatbot is a possibility.’
- ‘It just doesn't seems to work very well (despite being based on a neat idea), even compared to classical AI chatbots like Eliza.’
- ‘To seem incredibly realistic, a chatbot didn't need to have highly sophisticated artificial intelligence.’
- ‘Sure, the conversation offered by a chatbot is rambling, disconnected, illogical, and unable to follow a topic for more than a sentence.’
- ‘I clicked the 'Live Chat' button, and lo and behold, I was deposited in a chat room with what sounded suspiciously like a chatbot.’
- ‘If you're not on your guard, it's extremely easy to get fooled - at least temporarily - by a chatbot.’
- ‘The Turing test has supposedly been passed by chat bots.’
- ‘BotSpot has a comprehensive listing of online chatbots, artificial-intelligence programs that carry on a conversation with you on the Web.’
- ‘Artificial-intelligence experts tend to pooh-pooh chatbots, because they argue that they're not "real" intelligence.’
1990s from chat and bot.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.