Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A combination of a charmed quark and an antiquark.
- ‘The measurement of the production rate of the J / and other charmonium mesons was a key indicator of possible new phenomena in the pioneering CERN experiments.’
- ‘Using the ingredients from those calculations we calculate also exclusive electroproduction of charmonia off nuclei.’
- ‘In collisions at high energies, charmonium particles come from the decay of b-flavoured hadrons and prompt production.’
- ‘The hadron is represented by an external color field and the charmonium is represented by a small color dipole.’
- ‘Comprehensive reports on the physics of charmonium production are available.’
1970s: from charm.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.