One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was no longer surprised at his charitableness towards Joel.’
- ‘In a further expression of charitableness, Paddy's widow Josephine and her four sons presented the library with a wonderful gift of text books.’
- ‘His most serious failures, like most, are those of proportion, charitableness, and gratitude.’
- ‘The verse has on many occasions inspired the noblest thoughts of toleration and charitableness.’
- ‘In the spirit of charitableness, I want to congratulate Mr Brownlee on his elevation to the deputy leadership of the National Party.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.