Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A list detailing the official rate charged by a hospital for individual procedures, services, and goods.‘the chargemaster is used to generate each hospital invoice’[as modifier] ‘most insurance companies do not pay the standard chargemaster price that hospitals bill the uninsured’
- ‘After all, as the hospitals themselves concede in downplaying their chargemasters, these insurance prices are the ones that affect most patients.’
- ‘Chargemaster prices are usually 300 percent of what a hospital pays Medicare, or even as much as 2,000 percent.’
- ‘In Providence's Oregon region, there are 22,000 items on the chargemaster.’
- ‘Reimbursement for many outpatient services are driven by the charge description master.’
- ‘The structure and detail of chargemasters are hospital-specific and vary considerably among hospitals.’
- ‘While most insurance companies do not pay the standard chargemaster price that hospitals bill the uninsured, often times these prices are where negotiations start.’
- ‘Some insurers still agree to pay a set percentage of the chargemaster, so hospitals have an incentive to bump up those prices 5 or 6 percent a year.’
- ‘To be sure, if uninsured patients are poor in income and assets, they usually are granted steep discounts off the list prices in the chargemaster.’
- ‘They use a so-called "chargemaster" system in which each hospital heaps its own set of variables into the charges.’
- ‘In composing a bill for an inpatient case, a hospital's computers find the charge for a particular service, procedure or manufactured good in the hospital's huge chargemaster.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.