One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Business profits are made up of income from all sources, together with its chargeable gains for the accounting period.’
- ‘The interest rate chargeable for late payment is the European Central Bank rate plus 7 percentage points.’
- ‘Members of City of York Council's executive were also considering extending the chargeable times in city centre car parks until 9pm.’
- ‘Yes, you will be chargeable to capital gains on the gift, subject to your current annual exemption allowance of #7100 if the gift is made in this current tax year.’
- ‘In Yorkshire, 75 per cent of householders waste high levels of energy every day by leaving appliances on standby and leaving chargeable appliances plugged in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.