One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The electric charge per unit area of a surface, or per unit volume of a field or body.
- ‘The binding or unbinding of a single ion will drastically affect the calculated surface charge density.’
- ‘The macroscopic charge density inside a conductor is zero.’
- ‘Consequently, by changing the potential applied to the electrode, the charge density on the gold surface and hence the field acting on the membrane can be used as a variable in our experiments.’
- ‘Surface charge density determines the efficiency of cationic gemini surfactant based lipofection.’
- ‘The lateral segregation of charged membrane components, leading to local changes in surface charge density, depends linearly on electric field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.