Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The electric charge per unit area of a surface, or per unit volume of a field or body.
- ‘The binding or unbinding of a single ion will drastically affect the calculated surface charge density.’
- ‘The macroscopic charge density inside a conductor is zero.’
- ‘Consequently, by changing the potential applied to the electrode, the charge density on the gold surface and hence the field acting on the membrane can be used as a variable in our experiments.’
- ‘The lateral segregation of charged membrane components, leading to local changes in surface charge density, depends linearly on electric field.’
- ‘Surface charge density determines the efficiency of cationic gemini surfactant based lipofection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.